Monday, January 12, 2009

Simple Daybook


Here is my latest entry. I hope you enjoy reading these snippets of my life. Go to The Simple Woman to read more daybooks from other blogs.

For Today...January 12, 2009

Outside My Window...The sun has gone down and the light is fading. The western sky is purplish pink and the vibrant blue of daytime has turned such a soft blue color.

I am thinking...how hard it is some days to know the best way to help our older adopted children learn and adapt to family life after so much time in an orphanage.

I am thankful for...that each is a new start. Time with the Lord makes all things fresh and tomorrow I get a clean slate.

From the learning rooms...another good start to our school week. The children are enjoying the new curriculum and I am too.

From the kitchen...blueberry muffins.

I am wearing...warm clothes. It is cold and getting colder.

I am creating...a quilt (still working on the mystery quilt) and almost done with my latest cross-stitch block.

I am going...to pray for a better day tomorrow with training the little man.

I am reading...a new cozy mystery and a new quilt book from the library.

I am hoping...that all things really are possible through Christ, who strenghtens me.

I am hearing...the younger children enjoying some late day sledding and Bessie's fingers ticking on the computer keys.

Around the house...so much mess this week. Good school days often mean not much housework. New books and fresh ideas for learning and fun.

One of my favorite things...the stillness of a cold winter evening and the crunching sound the snow makes when it is very cold.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...the usual, speech, piano, choir and co-op.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing..

Bri reads to the children

10 comments:

berrypatch said...

((((hugs)))))
I was so busy today I never got to my daybook. It IS cold lately! Brrrr!!!!!

My Blessings From Above said...

You home and family sound so lovely, Debbie!
I am praying for your kiddos!
Michele

Cynthia said...

Debbie,
As always I love the glimpse into your day. Hoping your day/week goes well for you and that you discover you really CAN do all things!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Debbie. Be encouraged in the Lord. All things ARE possible...His promise. We just never know how or why or when. I have a friend who adopted several children from an orphanage in Russia. I think some of the children had FAS and she really struggled with knowing how best to reach them. If you need a support person I would gladly hook you up to her...she's on facebook! LOL I am praying for you Debbie. A fresh start today..Hallelujah!!

Sarah said...

Great post! Love your header picture (but am a bit glad that it's not quite that cold here!)

(Visiting from Sabrina's blog...)

Kerri said...

It's so lovely to glimpse your day through these ponderings in your daybook.
And the photo...priceless!
It's -6ºF here this morning. I doubt the kids will want to go outside to play today!!
Snuggle up inside and stay warm!

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
I love your "Simple Woman" postings and I LOVE the picture of Brian and the kids!
We've had the last two days off school here in Milwaukee because of the cold. We're hunkered down with chicken soup and a space heater. Our poor dog is having a hard time with the cold though. She loves the snow, but the cold is hard on her feet.
I'm glad to hear you're working on a quilt. I hope your new sewing machine is getting good use :^)

Wild Homeschool Family said...

These are fun to read. I should do the daybook entries more often.

Mary said...

Debbie, I enjoyed your moments. Simple, but so warm and loving. I think you have everything you need to make a difference in the world and to feel complete peace and happiness!

stitchin schoolmarm said...

Hey Debbie,
I hope all has gone well with you and yours this week. Can you believe it is already the middle of January?
Tammy