The day dawned, bright, clear and very, very cold. We had minus temperatures overnight and barely getting out of the single digits during the day. It was a gorgeous day with little wind, which made the cold temps tolerable.
Brian went to work on clearing the snow from the storm yesterday. The younger children ventured out for some sledding fun. I braved the cold for a bit and filled the bird feeders. The little birds tend to be so frantic on these very cold days. I like to make sure they have plenty to eat.
As Brian came around the house to make the bird feeder path, he aimed the blower toward the children. They thought this was great fun and used their sleds as shields from the blast of snow. He made several runs at them and they squealed with delight at the barrage of snow.

They didn't stay out too long and came inside to hot cocoa, always a treat when you are cold.I spent time today planning out a new quilting project. I think I'm going to need to make a run to the fabric store. My "stash" isn't that large, so it is hard to pull enough fabric on hand to complete a project.
It was a pleasant start to 2009.
10 comments:
What a beautiful scene and what fun for the kids. We never see snow like this. I love the snow just not the cold. Happy New Year and may every day of your new year be so pleasant.
The kids and Brian look like they are having a blast! I have never seen snow like that in person, only on TV and pictures. I am not sure my Southern blood could handle it, though. ;)
Happy New Year! I'm sure the birdies appreciated your efforts. I see a lot more of them when there's snow!
Oh, you can't imagine how lovely snow looks to those of us who don't have it and have little prospect of getting any!
We had the bitter cold too here yesterday but no snow (yeah!!) :-) Happy 2009!
Happy New Year, Debbie!
Those memories are worth their weight in gold, and the kids will be so thrilled that you have them in photos, too! It sounds like your New Years was great. Good luck with the new project. They are always so exciting to start! I'm hoping to learn to quilt this year. :)
Hilarious!
Wow! Look at all that snow! What fun!!!!!!!!
Kayla
Those are such fun photos!!! And WOW, I love the photo at the top of your blog of the ice. Beautiful!
Post a Comment