Last week was a very full week and we only had one "normal" day and that was our co-op day. This resulted in only one semi-normal home school morning. We have always had the philosophy that most things in life offer learning opportunities, so we don't sweat the day count too much.
Monday was Martin L. King Day and Brian was home. Most times when Dad is home, we have a no formal schooling policy. We worked and played and enjoyed having Brian home.
Tuesday we had our morning circle time and did some seat work before we gathered around the TV to watch the presidential inauguration.
I enjoy the pageantry of it all and I marvel at the peaceful, orderly exchange of power that takes place in the US. I loved the music by John Williams played by the quartet. What a tremendous treat that was for me. We listened intently (well, we sort of lost the little ones part way through) to the words of President Obama and we pray for him daily. He was not my choice, but I know who ultimately holds the power of the world and I put my faith in God to sustain us through whatever comes our way.The day was rounded out by speech class for Dan and piano lessons for Bessie.
Wednesday found us heading to a local mail to meet with friends we hadn't seen in about four years. The mall was a good half-way point for us to meet. Abby and Bessie have kept in contact through snail mail, email and most recently Facebook. The girls finally made a plan to spend some time together. We dropped Bess off with Abby and her mom Deb, after having a very nice chat and catching up a bit on what each family has been doing.
The younger children and I made stops at the Christian bookstore, McDonald's for lunch, The Christmas Tree Shoppe and Target. It is interesting how the little guys will tolerate going in and out of stores, but don't care for the mall. I guess I can understand as I am not a big fan of malls myself...too much monotony, noise and people.
The children always enjoy a few runs up and down the escalators.

We picked Bessie up later in the afternoon. Bess and Abby had a wonderful time and we are hoping to get together more often.
Hannah had another doctor appointment on Thursday. She is such a trooper about these appointments and charms everyone she meets. We have another appointment in two weeks to go over a plan of treatment for her.
Friday found us at our local homeschool co-op. We enjoy meeting with this small group. It gives the children some variety with their subjects and a wonderful time to be with friends. I also enjoy the time spent with other homeschool moms.
The children finished up the Meet the Masters curriculum last half and started working on a cartooning class in art. Everyone is really enjoy it. Art is one area that I am not strong in, so it is a real blessing that the children are getting such wonderful art instruction at our co-op.
Saturday is our normal library run day. We love our library and all the librarians and volunteers are so wonderful to us.
We stopped at a friends house on the way home and picked up their oldest son to have a play day with Gabe and left our two little girls there to play with their younger daughters. Everyone had a great time. Brian and I worked in our family room, trying to sort through bins and assorted other mess. What a chore.
Sunday we had morning worship. They had three baptisms after church. It is always such a joy to watch as folks profess their faith in Christ through baptism.
There is a very brief synopsis of our week. I will endeavor to do better with posting.
3 comments:
Hey! I am impressed! At least you remembered to take some photos along the way last week! :)
I always think that we would like to do 'Meet the Masters' sometime. Did the kids like that curriculum?
Wow - that's an amazing drawing by, Gabe! Very excellent & a good review of your week.
Gabe's cartoon is great! Sounds like a busy but good week.
Jodi
Post a Comment