Monday, October 12, 2009

Weekly Daybook


Go to The Simple Woman to read more entries.

For Today...October 12, 2009

Outside My Window...the sunshine from this morning has gone. There are many gray clouds and those that live in the north know what I mean when I say they look like snow clouds. The maple just outside the window is almost bare, having lots its leaves to the wind that has been blowing the last few days.

I am thinking...how blessed I am to have a husband that is both handsome and handy (contrary to Red Green).

I am thankful for...a new roof...snug and secure for the coming winter and the hubby that but it on.

From the learning rooms...quiet today. We took a day off for Columbus Day.

From the kitchen...chili in the crock pot.

I am wearing...jeans, a purple t-shirt and my tattered sweater, which I love and refuse to relegate to the rag bag.

I am creating...Nothing new, but still working on my latest cross-stitch block.

I am going...to try and keep the momentum going with hoeing and cleaning the house.

I am reading...too busy this time of year to sit for long.

I am hoping...to make good progress on our fall cleaning.

I am hearing...the children playing and Brian's deep voice as he talks to them.

Around the house...piles of folded and sorted laundry on the kitchen table. Lots of ideas for making our home more well...homey.

One of my favorite things...accomplishing a task that has been on my mind.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...continuing to move in the positive direction we have going. It feels great.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing

4 comments:

Sojourning Mom said...

You are lovely...praying from Kentucky for your family today :)

Kristine said...

Love the baby deer picture! What a cutie!
I also like your new fall blogskin.

Your day sounds lovely, Debbie, very fall-like and cozy.

Cynthia said...

I'm glad to hear you say things are moving in a positive direction. How wonderful.

Wild Homeschool Family said...

Glad to hear your roof is done.