
For Today...October 5, 2009
Outside My Window...cool autumn late afternoon. Gray and white clouds are scudding along with patches of blue here and there. A few rain showers are moving through and it is breezy. The trees are shedding their colorful leaves.
I am thinking...how far we have really come in 3+ years since the PI children have been home. It is easy for me to become discouraged, but things really are so much improved.I am thankful for...the simple things that bring so much pleasure.From the learning rooms...the younger guys are doing their homework. Bess and Gabe took a day off from book work and we had an outing instead.From the kitchen...very quiet. We were out all afternoon. I'm thinking I do need to come up with something to feed the children...maybe just soup and sandwiches or leftovers.I am wearing...a pink long-sleeve shirt, jeans and sweater.I am creating...a sports themed cross-stitch block. Planning a few Christmas projects, but nothing started yet.I am going...to feed the children, help them finish their homework and read to them and then relax.I am reading...very little. Still working on Elizabeth Peters. I started a book on spiritual journaling...very interesting.I am hoping...that having more good days than not continues.I am hearing...Rachel rustling in her room, Dan singing and the cat purring.Around the house...school papers everywhere (what to do with them all), laundry to put away and a few bags of new (hand-me-down) clothes to sort.One of my favorite things...an unexpected outing that was very enjoyable.A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...the usual...Bessie's class, soccer, choir and a few new things...Bess starts driving classes and Gabe starts Boys Club.Here is a picture thought I am sharing
Doesn't Dan look excited? He has not been enjoying soccer this year. I think it is a combination of being overtired because of starting school and lack of attention. It is just too slow for him sometimes. He is quite good at it if we can get him to focus.
1 comment:
Dan's soccer picture is cute!
Post a Comment