I'm participating in 40 Days of Seeking Him, hosted at A House Upon the Rock. I am hoping this will help me keep my focus on Christ during the days leading up to Resurrection Day.
I was not raised in a liturgical church and we do not attend one now, but we have enjoyed activities for Advent and I am hoping that we can make Lent equally meaningful. Whereas neither Advent or Lent are Biblical, I feel they are worthwhile traditions if carried out with the purpose of making Christ the focus of the season.
I have no big plans yet, except we will be reading Amon's Adventure by Arnold Ytreeide. He is the same author who wrote Jotham's Journey, Bartholomew's Passage and Tabitha's Travels. We have enjoyed these stories during Advent and look forward to reading this newest book about the days leading up to Christ's crucifixion and resurrection.
I would love to hear about your plans for Lent.

4 comments:
Debbie
Thank you for joining in.
I too, hope that this will be a good challenge to keep our hearts focused on Christ and His purpose for coming.
We just got Amon's Adventure, just arrived today. I am not familiar with any of these books, but it looked wonderful!
Blessings,
Trish
I love your plans, Deb. ;-) I still am trying to figure out what we'll be doing. And today is the first day. LOL
I'm a Catholic, so we have tons of Lenten things.. I'm still always looking for fresh ideas! I already am loving reading everyone else's posts.
Thanks for posting about the book. I'll have to see if they have it in town. I didn't even know there was a new one out by him!
Post a Comment