Friday, March 11, 2011

40 Days - Day 3



In response to today's tragedy, the earthquake in Japan and subsequent tsunami, I found myself praying and praying some more, for friends in Japan and Hawaii and for strangers whose lives will be forever changed.

The earth seems to be groaning, shifting and moving. So much activity from this world we live on. Many are screaming end times and I suppose we are, but God's timing is not our timing and no one knows the day, but as a woman in travail, these are all symptoms of the inevitable. Jesus will return and there will be great tribulation.

"For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows." Mark 13:8

All of this gives me a sense of urgency, to be right and ready, to repent and pray, to seek God's face more diligently and purposefully, to make my actions and decisions count for eternity and not just for this temporal life I'm in right now.

6 comments:

Catherine said...

It was hard to see the destruction and the pain all over the news today. I have cried and prayed. In my family, we don't get ill and linger. It has been a tradition for generations to die without warning. Although morbid, It has helped me to be vigilant, and always conscious of how important each day is.

Jill said...

I had the same thoughts today as well. Watch and be ready for you do not know the day or the hour the end will come. Thank you for sharing.

Trish said...

Yesterday was a hard day, even for those of us who were not there. Great thoughts, thank you for sharing them with us.

Blessings,
Trish

Cynthia said...

AMEN, Debbie :)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I just remembered - I DID get a devotional and have been reading it but forgot it was for Lent as life went off kilter...just knew I was reading it. Between Two Gardens...good stuff.

Debbie said...

De'Etta, thanks for passing on this book title. I'm trying to gather as much material now as I tend to forget each year. Not sure I will get to it right now, but I'll have it for next year.