We have had a good week with our schoolwork. Because it was vacation week for the public schools, we did not have any extra activities. What a relaxing week. It takes a lot of pressure off us to get our seatwork done early. Our pace was slower this week and we got more done.
Another advantage of the nicer weather is that the kids can do more things outside. I am generally not a great arts and crafts person although I like the idea of it, mainly because I hate the mess. Today I set the kids up outside with their paints. Fun was had by all and it was an easy clean up.
Gabe loves all types of drawing and painting
I'm not sure what Dan enjoys more, the painting or playing in the water
We hung the finished artwork in the toyroom to dry. I saw this idea somewhere of using string and mini-clothespins. It works really well.
Bessie made butterscotch/chocolate chip cookies. I love that she enjoys cooking and baking so much.
I had choir this evening. It was a small group as I think quite a few people are vacationing. It is getting harder and harder to go to rehearsals. Once the weather is nice, I like to stay home and enjoy the evenings outside with Brian and the kids.
They hung a tire swing in the big maple tree while I was gone. Can't wait to see them use it tomorrow.
4 comments:
I love seeing your family outside again.....now when I see grass at Jodi's I'll know that spring is really here to stay. LOL
I can SO relate, Debbie. I hate the mess of crafts, too, but love the IDEA. :-)
It's so nice to be able to do the messy crafts outdoors.
Soon our snow will be gone too, LOL.
YUM... butterscotch chocolate chip.. sounds like I need the recipe for that one, please.
Post a Comment