Friday, April 25, 2008

Tiny Daffodils

Lisa, I took some more pictures of the tiny daffodil for you. I put my hand right up to it, for comparison. It really is very tiny and so lovely.

More of the Hyacinths are blossoming. The scent is so strong. You just walk by this side of the garden and you get that wonderful aroma. I have not grown Hyacinths in the garden before. I bought these from the kids in the youth group at church last fall. I have grown them indoors in forcing jars, but I am really enjoying them in the garden.

My drift of daffodils behind the garden pond.

9 comments:

Romany said...

Your garden is starting to look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

So lovely to meet another on the narrow path and see you expressing the joy of Life in your garden.
I have just planted these things at the end of an Aussie summer, after 2 yrs of drought. Spring is about the only thing I can spend money on. I managed to sneak in another 6 hyacinth bulbs this week...yet to plant.

Lisa in Jax said...

These flowers are soooo lovely! Thanks for taking the photo for me. I just couldn't imagine them being so small.LOL I'm going to look for them down here to grow in my garden!

Jodi said...

So Pretty! I too will be looking for tiny daffodils!

I was just planting some bulbs today.

Debbie said...

Jane, how fun, you are just getting into your fall and we into our spring! I just checked out your blog and I love your quilts! I wish I had more time to sew these days, but that will have to wait.

Thank you for stopping by.

Debbie said...

Lisa, I'm sure you can find them. They seem harding even down in your country. I know some bulbs don't do too well unless they get a hard freeze. They are really so cute. I think I'm going to be looking for more minis this year.

Kristine said...

Oh, those are tiny darlings! (g)

Unknown said...

Lovely! I can't believe the teeny tiny daffodils!

Cynthia said...

Thanks for the extra pic of the daffodils. I was wondering just how small they are. WOW... those are tiny and they are SO CUTE!