Sunday, April 20, 2008

New Water Features

We made a run to Lowe's after church and lunch. The objective, elements for a new water feature. I had seen a potted fountain in one of my garden books and thought it would go great in the new fenced garden.

While there, we saw this little froggie fellow and thought he would be a great addition to the lily pond. The effect is even better than I had hoped and he fits in perfectly. The spouting water adds a new dimension to the waterfall. The plants behind the pond will grow up soon and hide the hose.


This is the new fountain. We did a quick set up to see how it would look. I am very pleased with the result.

The paving stone will have to be set in properly and we will run the cord for the pump out the bottom of the pot and bury the cable, but this is basically how it will look. I will make a small garden around the base to soften the lines of the pot.

We are having a lot of fun with this new garden.


8 comments:

Romany said...

It looks great, Debbie. The sound of running water is special too, isn't it?

Mary said...

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for visiting my blog :o)

The sight and sound of water in the yard is so peaceful... The children will love it!

I can't wait to return and hear about loving and homeschooling five children! My hat's off to you.

Mary

berrypatch said...

Love the new gardens! :-) You've been tagged, btw, go check it out. ;-)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

It all looks so nice. I love the little froggy.

Meanwhile,one of my pretty new hanging plants is dying....I should probably have admitted my black thumb and learned to be content. LOL

Linda said...

It looks great, Debbie! Will you come to FL and do my yard?

Cynthia said...

FUN FUN! I'm pretty sure my dh won't be letting put in any more gardens around here. I need to see how we can keep up the 6 we added a few years ago first. This will be the 3rd full season for them and it's fun to see how things have matured!

Kristine said...

It looks like spring is there to STAY! (Or have I spoken too soon?)

Debbie said...

Kristine, around here we never really belief that winter is over until mid to late May. We can get snow/frost/freezing rain or any combination until then. I haven't planted any annuals yet except Pansies which can take a bit of cold and my garden pond plants are still inside in their winter quarters. Soon, we can breath a little easier and belief that spring is really here to stay.