

The B family arrived Friday evening. We ate and the kids and Jon took a swim in the pool.
The Bs slept in our "cottage"...aka camping trailer. It is so nice having this extra space for visitors. It allows everyone their own space so no one feels they are crowding anyone else.
Felicity is an early riser, so Brian and Bessie, who also tend toward getting up early, visited with her in the morning over cups of tea and coffee.
After breakfast, Jon and Brian went for a run and Felicity and I and the kids went for a walk. We made quite a gaggle of people with the two of us, Bessie and seven youngers. I did leave Gracie the dog at home, much to her disappointment. We took a side trip to the falls. We love where we live and enjoy sharing it with others.



Maureen (Mel) and Joshua arrived later in the afternoon and then Virna, Doug, Ian and Adam arrived. Virna handed out all sorts of yummy goodies to eat and shared birthday gift bags with the kids. What treasures.






Brian had the fire going and so much conversation was going on that I did not take many pictures. It wasn't until later that I realized I had so few. Gabe was thrilled that Virna and Doug's nephew Adam, who is 11, was with them. Finally, a bigger boy to play with. They had quite a time playing with the Nerf guns in the rain.
Oh, yes, right about the time we were planning on having our outside meal, it started to thunder and then rain. Not to be deterred, we moved inside and shifted gears. Brian moved the grill under the little porch and continued to cook. We added a table for the food and the kids had a picnic on the living room rug. The adults enjoyed some great fellowship in the kitchen. What fun to see all the children interacting and having a great time. They were all go well behaved, full of smiles and laughter.


Virna and Doug and their family had to leave Saturday night, but Maureen and Joshua and the B family stayed until Sunday. The kids were so pooped out by then.
We had a nice Sunday breakfast. Bessie had made these yummy muffins that tasted like cinnamon buns. We added smoothies and some had eggs too.


Then the leavings began. That was so hard. I was so reluctant to see everyone go. The weekend was terrific, I couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable time. I hope we can do this again next year.
7 comments:
It looks like you had such a wonderful weekend! What a gift to spend such good times with friends.
Would Bessie mind sharing her muffin recipe? I'm drooling! :)
AWESOME! It's so much fun to meet fellow loopies - no matter the loop.
How neat! We personally LOVE your "extra cabin" & the boys keep talking about coming for another visit soon!
Cindy--lol.
Deb, this sounds so special. What a blessing to have all these families come together. I can't believe how busy you've been!
Debbie, thanks for sharing. I wish, I lived closer. I would love to come next year. The funds are way too tight right now, but maybe someday.
Renee
This looks like a very special gathering.
Debbie - what a wonderful weekend! I saw Bess's recipe as I scrolled down to the last entry I'd read. I'll be sure to try them.
Post a Comment