Wednesday, August 13, 2008

VBS-Amazon Expedition

This year our church used Amazon Expedition, the VBS program put out by Answers to Genesis. The lessons were on the "Seven Cs of History", Creation, Corruption, Catastrophe, Confusion, Christ, Cross and Consummation. This was a very good VBS and my guys had a fantastic time.

We averaged 100+ kids each night. The organizers had live animals each night, llamas, exotic birds, snakes, monkey, kangaroo, coatimundi, bobcat and an alligator. Gabe especially was thrilled by all the animals. It was great!

Checking out the Llamas
Dan in his class

Craft time
Singing Games
Bessie and I were in the nursery all week, so I didn't get to float around as much as usual. It was nice to spend this time with Bess. We do not often have time together without all the other kids.

A special extra this year was to watch Gabe flourish in this environment. The theme was just right for him and he fully participated in all the games, crafts, lessons and singing. He is showing so much more maturity this year.

Look at that face...this young man just loved VBS!

Photobucket


4 comments:

Cynthia said...

WOW.. all those animals at the VBS sounds like GREAT FUN!

Jodi said...

I want to come to your VBS to see all the animals!

Diann said...

I am so glad it turned out so well. I was thinking of and praying for you during the week.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

GREAT shot of Gabe! I love it.