Any event like this is a big deal in our house and worthy of many spectators. I think the young man from the septic company was quite amused by all the little ones watching and of course, with me and my camera.



Brian decided, while the tank was exposed, to drill a hole in one cover and install a dumping station for our camping trailer. He then replaced the soil, reseeded and put down straw.

A somewhat unpleasant job done!
5 comments:
Boy are we familiar with that task.. oh the joys of living in the country.
This event gets quite an an audience here too. The only problem with our septic is that the cover is buried a couple feet deep, no idea why. It's a hassle when it's time for a cleaning.
Aaaaah.....the joys of a septic tank. We had one in the last house we built and, although it wasn't much maintenance, I am somewhat glad not to have to deal with it any more.
LOL I love the way your family manages to make even unpleasant jobs fun.
Ah yes.... nothing like the joys of living in the country. :) But your septic cleaner guy looks pretty uptown! Our guy (here in our tiny town) literally has a big tank in the back of his pickup truck and often has to make a couple trips out here and back!!! Yuck!!
Great idea about installing a dump station for your camper... I'll have to pass that idea along to my husband!
Post a Comment