A Jesse Tree is a small tree or banner decorated with symbols portraying Jesus’ spiritual heritage.
I printed out the ornaments from the link above, let each of the children color several and then laminated the ornaments.
We cut a branch from outside and stuck it in a flower pot with some dirt and rocks. The younger children gathered small pinecones to cover the dirt. I added a ribbon and bow.
Each day we do a Bible reading, a short devotional, prayer and discussion questions and then hang that days ornament. This is one of the activities we are doing for our "Christmas School".


8 comments:
How neat! You always have such good and interesting ideas! I sometimes feel like I am in the "just get the basics done" void! I need to rethink my school time!
Kayla
You inspire me! I'm doing one today!
I like the idea of using a tree branch! I bought a cheap tiny fake green tree for this year but the size of the ornaments may overwhelm the poor thing by the time we're done...LOL
Love this idea, Deb.
You go! The girls made a Jesse Banner about 10 years ago for us. It was so bedraggled that I put it back in storage. We decided to use only the adornaments this year - along with the advent inductive study....trying to get a more manageable level this year.
Oops - lights are blinking at the library - I think that means I'm supposed to leave...but they are open for 10 more minuts and I have memorized the nutcracker. LOL
Good for you, Debbie! I've always wanted to do one of these as well... perhaps with the grandkids one day (LOL).
Debbie,
I noticed you have visitors from a lot of different countries. Do you know people in all those countries? Just curious.
Cynthia, I do not know people from all those places, except in cyber space. I am on a couple of blog rings, so I'm sure some visit that way. It is fun to see all the different flags.
Post a Comment