Monday, January 22, 2007

Another Monday

We had a very good school morning. I wish we had more of these, but I am going to enjoy the days that are good.

Rachel started on some new workbooks. I am not a workbook lover, but she is. She enjoys working in them and I figured it would help me to know exactly where she is. It was a nice time to do some seatwork just the two of us.

Gabe has been chomping at the bit to move to cursive handwriting. His manuscript is not good, but I have been reading that sometimes cursive comes easier, so we forged ahead. He enjoyed it today and I think he is going to improve in this much faster than manuscript. We'll see how it goes.

After lunch, the youngers went outside. We had gotten another dusting of snow, which is always inviting.

Bessie made Russian Tea Cakes.

I tried to catch up on laundry. Our dryer doesn't try on one cycle, so I have to remember to reset it to completely dry the clothes. This slows me down as I often forget to reset the cycle. I should set a timer to help remind me.

We had baked chicken, baked potatoes and veggies for supper, with Bessie's cookies for dessert.

Brian, Gabe and I played some Uno Attack after the Littles went to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post is making me hungry!!!!!
I think it's so funny that the new kids are not "the new kids" but "the littles".
Yes, those rare,precious, productive homeschool days make us feel like we are actually making progress, don't they? I wish they came along more often.
LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!
Nikki

Jodi said...

Sounds like a good day. Russian tea cakes, that sounds good and rather exotic!

Kristine said...

I wish that I'd started Trevor on cursive when he was about four! He's started this year (age 8), doing really well, but he doesn't like having to work hard at it!