Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Back to "Normal"

After several weeks of Brian being gone, holidays and then Brian being home on vacation, we are finally back to our more normal schedule. Bri went back to work today and the kids and I started up our schooling again.

We had a very good day. Everyone seemed more than willing to get back to our books and studies. My most reluctant pupil was even cooperative today. We got a good mornings worth of work done.

The youngers went out and played for a while. It was cool, but sunny and clear. Dan came in very dirty...not sure where he found so much mud, but I guess 3-year olds have some type of radar for that sort of mess.

Bessie and I finally dug out her new Spanish curriculum and read through everything. Hopefully we will have everything set up and ready to start for next week. I ordered more books from our library system.

The youngers all got haircuts. It was fun and everyone seemed happy with their new cuts. With the pile of hair on the floor, we could have made a little dog.

Bri made a couple of stops on his way home from work, so we had a late dinner of chili and garlic bread. The Littles went to bed shortly after. Bri, Bessie and Gabe are watching a movie.

A very good start back.

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Sounds like we had similar days. I'm looking forward to "normal".

Romany said...

Sounds like a good start to the new year. We're starting again on Monday.

Dorothy