I had a very late start today. I stayed up way too late reading and was really dragging. I am so very, very bad with this. Thankfully, Bessie is a peach when is comes to getting up with the youngers. She had them up, fed and dressed. I am so undisciplined!
Dan had a doctor's appointment this morning...it was just for a shot. I hadn't told him about it because the Little's fuss so terribly about this for days if they know about it. Gabe came along as he can keep Dan occupied well in the van. Bessie stayed home with the girls. We got about 1/2 way there and Dan started to get nervous. We don't drive this way except to go to the doctor's. He surprised me by recognizing the route. When we got to the parking lot he said "doc-tor" and I said yes and he started whimpering. After we got inside he kept saying "momma, no, momma, no" over and over. I read to him, tried to get him to play, but nothing was taking his mind off the idea of a shot. After about 10 minutes, someone from the office came out and said that they had forgotten that he had a shot taken in November and that he was all caught up. I smiled at him and tried to get him to understand that he didn't have to get a shot, but he didn't quite believe me until we were heading out the door! The ride home was cheerful.
Bessie had kept the girls doing some schoolwork while we were gone. We had lunch and then I did seatwork with Gabe. It was very windy and getting colder, so the kids didn't make it outside today.
A very strange squall blew through with large sleet covering the ground and huge gusts of wind. It didn't last long and then the skies cleared out late in the afternoon.
Brian made spaghetti and salad for dinner. Dan has been so tired the last few days, we put him down early to bed. I worked on some stitching. A rather quiet day overall.
3 comments:
That's quite something that Dan remembered the route to the doctor.
LOVE your graphic at the top about a clean house/computer, LOL!!
I like the new graphic. ::snort::
I also tend to stay up too late - did ya notice? I'm really not so bad when Mike is home....but all my night owl tendancies come to the front when he's gone.
Aw, poor little guy! Holly STILL worries about getting shots for checkups, and Trevor worries about shots all the time too.
Post a Comment