Friday, August 17, 2007

Blogger's Bloom Day - August

I'm a bit late with my blogger's bloom day, but I hope that is okay.
Go to May Dreams Garden and check out all the other wonderful August blooms.
I have never had a great late summer/fall garden. Each year I try and add something that will bloom later in the year, but haven't quite gotten that well rounded bloom all through the growing season. There are a few things blooming and it has improved over the years.

Here goes...

Trumpet Creeper

Hydrandea

Painted Lady

Phlox

Phlox

Rudbeckia

There are a few other things that are still blooming from last month...coneflower, blanket flower, balloon flower, liatris, clemetis, butterfly bush and a few others.

We had a great early summer, with great sunny days and enough rain to keep everything looking great with little watering. The later part of this last month was dryer and things are looking a bit droopy. I should probably water, but never manage to get out there. Hopefully we will get some rain soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have found that Petrovskia usually is performing nicely this time of year. I also have some roman wormwood that is blooming. Very tiny unspectacular blooms, but the foliage is silver and spectacular, and VERY drought tolerant. Also, this time of year creeping thyme is blooming. A carpet of purple during the heat of August. If you want something startling and amazing, try planting colchicums, which will bloom in early september like the Painted ladies with no foliage in evidence. That comes in the spring. They look like giant pink crocuses.

Emily said...

I LOVE your garden!!!!!!!!

Carol Michel said...

How fortunate you are to get decent rain this year, and it shows in all your beautiful flowers.

Thanks for participating in Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!

Carol at May Dreams Gardens

Anonymous said...

I have some of those yellow flowers, flowering right now too!

You are good to think ahead anf buy things that will foower late. Every year I tell myslef to buy a Michalmas Daisy and every year I forget!

Cynthia said...

LOVE the flowers, Debbie! I still need to go post my Garden Blogger photos!