by Clive CusslerI have never read a Clive Cussler book before, but Brian enjoys them. I think they are the adventure story lovers version of a cozy mystery.
I was very pleasantly surprised by this story. The plot was somewhat predictable, but quite enjoyable and enough twists and turns to keep you wondering. Also...he does kill off some of the characters, so except for the main characters, you are never really sure who might survive.
Here is the summary from the back:
"When Dirk Pitt is nearly killed rescuing an oil survey team, it appears a simple act of nature. But when the survey team is abducted and Pitt's research vessel nearly sunk, however, it's obvious there's something more sinister involved. All trails lead to Mongolia where a mysterious mogul is conducting covert deals for supplying oil to the Chinese while wreaking havoc on global oil markets utilizing a secret technology. The Mongolian harbors a dream of restoring the conquests of his ancestors, and holds a dark secret about Genghis Khan that just might give him the wealth and power to make that dream come true."
This was an unabridged version...14 CDs and 27 hours long. I get a lot of stitching or other handwork done while listening to these audio books. I enjoyed listening to this book very much. There was no swearing and any inappropriate behavior was only inferred. The main characters have a high level of honor and attitude of doing what's right, displaying an old fashion chivalry. There was quite a bit of violence, but it is not graphic and not the focus of the story.
I will probably either get some more on audio or try one or two of the books.
Recommend!
1 comment:
Thanks for the review. I should try an audio book sometime!
Post a Comment