Friday, August 17, 2007

Day at Papa and Noona's

Some of the kids spent the day on Thursday with Noona and Papa at their home. The kids had a great time. Theresa and her four came down and Chris and Kayla were there, so there was a house full. Bessie took these pictures for me while they were visiting.

Hannah, Mariah, Bessie and Dan

Dan and Mariah

Mom, Dad, Chris and Kayla

Zeb and Chris


While the kids were visiting, Brian and I went shopping for a new washer and dryer. I have wanted a front loading washer for ages, but the price always put me off. Well, I finally gave in. Bri wants to put a shower in the downstairs bathroom and the only way we can do that is with a stacking w/d...so, we found a nice set that we both like. He will need to do some work before we can install them, but they are all paid for and will be delivered next week! I can't wait, although I will probably have to use a step stool to set the knobs on the dryer.

We stopped at a local down dock and there were some nice boats there. It is fun to see all the pretty boats that go up and down the canal. There was also a very interesting boat there. It looked as if the man was building it as he went along. There were parts unfinished and he was out working on a dingy when we went by. He was very pleasant and we joked about it later, that his boat might not be the prettiest one there, but at least he was on the river and a lot of people dream of it, but never get there.

We picked the kids up after dinner and stayed for a short visit. Everyone was pooped when we got home.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I'm sure the kids had a great time and their grandparent's house! What fun!

My dh keeps thinking we would should look into a stacking washer/drier combo to give us a little more room in our utility/laundry room which is very narrow and small. We'll see. It would also take us some work to redo that room.

Kristine said...

Ooh, very exciting to have the new w/d! With five kiddoes, I bet it will make your laundry a lot easier and quicker!

Do you live along the Erie Canal? I found the book we read (Cheryl Harness, perhaps?) just fascinating!