It was a beautiful day for being outdoors...not too hot or humid and the sun was wonderful. There were three caches around a local reservoir that we were hoping to find.
One was an easy, quick one. The second one was fun. We had to hike a ways on the trail the goes around the reservoir. This is the type of caching we enjoy the most. It gets us all out in the fresh air and moving.
The cache was a bit tricky. The cache box was totally covered with moss, sticks, bark and leaves. It looked it like it was growing out the tree we found it in. The theme of this cache was wild animals, Gabe took a frog and we left a snake.
We didn't have time for the third cache as it was getting late in the afternoon. I had left pizza dough in the bread machine and the kids had their first night of VBS. We'll have to make another trip.
The kids tramp along the trail

Bri and Gabe check out the box
4 comments:
This hobby sounds like a really good way of the whole family getting out and about!
I was a bit worried about the samke though, until I figured out that it must have been a toy one...
Goodness I really should learn to edit my typing! I meant 'snake'!{g}
FUN FUN! Looks like a nice trail.
FUN! I can't wait for it to cool off enough for us to get out in the woods again - without sharing them with snakes!
Post a Comment