Sunday, December 02, 2007

Kid Friendly Nativities

I love Nativity sets. I have several different ones, but the last few years, we have had to add some more kid friendly sets as the Littles have a hard time not touching them. It is just too much temptation for them. They are learning and doing better, but we thought it might help to have a few that they can touch.

We had a soft fabric set that a friend made for us when Gabe was born. This has been a favorite and is usually set up on the floor where the kids can play with it.

Last year we added a Fisher Price Nativity. This is very cute and I have to admit to loving this set myself. Dan wants to add all of his Noah's Ark and Farm set people and animals to the Nativity, so it gets a bit boisterous in the stable, but we don't mind.

Fisher Price Nativity


Last week on a trip to our local Christian bookstore, I found this cute wooden Nativity. The pieces are perfect for small little hands and the stable is easy to take apart and put back together.

Dan enjoys the little wooden set

I am thrilled that there are so many sets available that our younger ones can enjoy.

2 comments:

Renae said...

I really like this idea. We have a small fabric nativity, but the figures do not stand up very well. This wooden one is very nice.

Also, I wanted to let you know that you won my book drawing! Please send me your address so I can ship it to you.

Peace to you,
Renae
http://reflective.homeschooljournal.net
email- carrotribe at hotmail dot com

Jodi said...

OK I'll admit it since you have admitted liking it. I almost bought the fisher price little people set for myself last week when we shopped! Well there is a cat with it and I gotta love a nativity with a cat and those other cute animals! LOL