
Bessie had been commenting about wanting to go to one of their concerts someday every time she heard one of their songs on the Christmas station we listen. She does so much for our family on a daily basis that we thought this would be a good surprise for her. She was so thrilled.

Gabe on the other hand was excited about the idea of going to a concert as he had never been, but wasn't too sure about this whole Christmas show idea. We warned him ahead of time that it would be very loud and very bright. He brought earplugs!

Bessie just grinned, clapped and bobbed to the music through the whole show, loving every minute of it. Gabe started out with the earplugs in, but took them out and seemed to really enjoy himself. I think he especially liked all the lasers. Brian and I loved all the vintage rock n' roll. It was a great show.
The first half was a Christmas story, with narration that goes along with a tale about an angel traveling around the world on Christmas Eve. The songs are traditional for the most part, albeit with a heavy metal rock n' roll style.
The second half is just fun. Lots of vintage rock n' roll songs in their particular style with a humor and playfulness. The musicians were very good and I especially enjoyed the piano duel they had at the end of the show.
Of course, I have to mention the laser lights, strobes, fireworks and multi-colored flames!
If you ever get a chance to see TSO, go. It is very fun.
7 comments:
Debbie,
How wonderful!! Our oldest son wants to go the TSO concert but the tickets were sold out!!
Looks like a wonderful time!!
Laura J.
SHS
How fun! We were able to attend a TSO concert this year for the first time to celebrate my husband's birthday. Now our kids love the music. :)
What a great family holiday activity! I love your Christmas cow, by the way! ;)
This looks like a great outing! You all look like you are having a blast!
My DH loves TSO. He would love to go to a concert. I've never heard of them coming here to Louisiana.
That sounds AWESOME! I'm going to have to google and see if they have any concerts near us.
Do they do a Christmas concert all year? And, do they have more than one band? I don't get it... sometimes they have 3 concerts scheduled for the same day.
Post a Comment