Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Update

Life seems to have settled into a quiet period for us right now. Not a whole lot is happening. We get into a hibernation mode from mid-January to mid-March, spending a lot of time at home. This is often the time of year we get the most schoolwork done.

Our choir did another performance of Stars and Stripes for a local nursing home on Saturday afternoon. I took a quick run over to Michael's to pick up floss and fabric for my next cross-stitch project. I picked up Chinese food on the way home.

Brian and the kids went to the library and Agway while I was out.

Sunday was our usual of Sunday school and church and then a quiet afternoon at home.

Monday we had a good morning with our schooling. Gabe, Gracie the dog and I took a walk, but it was very, very cold. The temp was only 21 and the wind chill was 4. The wind really cut through you. I like to go two miles, but we only did one. It was still nice to get outside and enjoy the brisk air and a bit of sunshine.

Today...another good morning with our schooling. I've been spending about an hour with each of the younger schoolers. This works out well for getting the basics in. We do history and science in the afternoon, but not everyday. I try and slip in some time with Dan to do a few things and touch bases with Bessie to make sure she is doing okay.

After lunch, Gabe, Gracie and I went for a walk...we made the two miles today. It was warmer, around 30 and very little wind.

Bessie had piano this afternoon. Brain picked her up on his way home from work. We had a light dinner.

I'll post some photos from the last week.

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Yikes walking in 20/4 weather....you are tough...glad to hear it's warming up. LOL

Romany said...

Wow!
I'm amazed you go for walks when it's that cold. It gets down to freezing here and we are in!

Dorothy