This time around their destination was Christchurch, New Zealand, McMurdo Station, Antarctica and the South Pole.
Blackie was not thrilled with the very long commercial flight to NZ. She much preferred the daily trips from McMurdo Station to the pole on the LC-130.
Here Blackie made sure Brian didn't miss any
of his switches in the Engineer's seat of the LC-130
Hmmm...who is this monkey trying to take over my territory
Blackie thought the new South Pole Station was quite impressive, but not as interesting as the old dome station. She is sure the people will find it more pleasant to live in. They will be removing the dome within the next year or two. They were in the process of digging it out preparing it for disassembly.
Here she helps Brian off-load fuel at
During their time in Antarctica, they transported Ann Curry from NBC and the Today Show crew to the South Pole. Blackie is a wise cat and wasn't overly impressed with all the hubbub over their national coverage...all in a days work.
They also had some excitement has they had to do an emergency evacuation from the South Pole of a worker who was seriously injured. Nothing is common place or easy when you are working at 10,000 ft. with temps well below zero.



9 comments:
As soon as I saw that Brian had gone to the South Pole (and you listed the other places, Christchurch, McMurdo), my question to you was going to be: Did he transport Ann Curry? How totally AWESOME to be able to do that. Did he get to be on TV? I know I watched every day, hoping to see if Ann made it. Your AWESOMELY FANTASTIC HUBBY is the reason why she got there!!!!
What a NEAT job!
Man - I want to send a stuffed animal to you. LOL
WOW! What fabulous pictures!
I can't wait to show the kids.
Linda, it is pretty cool, isn't it! :-)
De'Etta...anytime, you just let us know.
I can't wait to see Blackie again, thank you for taking her on so many adventures- from Hayley.
I saw the news show and we tried to see if we recognized you. I still want to go to Antarctica some day-Colin
Tristan and Trevor say Hi!
Thanks again for taking our little cat on this grand adventure, this has been such fun for the kids and me as well! Jodi
How cool is all that! :-) LOVE the photos!!!
What a riot this post was! I don't usually literally laugh out loud. :) Great pics, and looks like Blackie has seen it all!
I loved seeing the pics of Brian at work too!
Of all the news people I have to say that she is definitely my favorite!
Post a Comment