by Clive CusslerThis is the second Clive Cussler book I have listened to and I really enjoyed them both. This one was a bit different than his usual Dirk Pitt story.
This one follows Isaac Bell, a private detective working for a large national agency in 1906. My mind said Pinkerton, which was a large, famous agency in the US during that time.
Bell, enters the case of a bank robber who has been hitting banks in the western part of the US. This area of the USA is still often quite wild. The robber is ruthless and extremely clever, apparently unable to be caught.
The story had a nice romance story running along with all the excitement and adventure.
One of the elements of this story that intrigued me the most was his interweaving of things happening during this time period; automobiles becoming more common, telephones and more modern photography. It was fun to note the limited forensics they could rely on, but methods that were becoming useful such as fingerprinting.
This was a fun story to listen to and I recommend it for listening or reading.
2 comments:
I LOVE your new photo in your title bar...cool. I am still playing around to learn how to center graphics. LOL
Hi Debbie!
Guess what!?! I'm your SECRET SISTER!! I'm so excited about it and hope that I can be a blessing to you through this fun event!
I will be praying for you, so if you have any specific requests, post them and let me know. I hope to come here often so I can read all about your beautiful family and get to know you better. You have lots of posts already, so I have my work cut out for me. = ) I LOVE the photos!!
Have a blessed rest of the week and I'll be in touch again real soon.
Many hugs,
Your Secret Sister
Post a Comment