Friday, November 16, 2007

Waiting for Snow

Usually by mid-November, we have had some snow. This fall has been unseasonably warm and until today, we haven't seen a bit of snow. The kids are very eager for some snow and more importantly, sledding.

They were using the sleds on the leaves last week and it worked surprisingly well. The leaves have since blown off the hill and the sled wasn't working so well anymore, so Gabe decided the wagon might give the appropriate thrill he desired.

I am not usually too nervous about these sorts of antics, but was a bit apprehensive about this, having visions of Calvin and Hobbs and severe crashes, but I let them go ahead.

What a hoot! They were able to control the wagon pretty well and they had a grand ole' time zooming down the hill. It was fun to watch. There were a fair share of crashes and tumbles into the brush, but nothing to deter them from climbing back up and having another run.

Here we go!
Well, almost a safe landing

We did get some flurries today and the forecast is for much colder weather, so I am sure we will see some snow soon. The kids can't wait, although I have been thoroughly enjoying the balmier fall weather.

6 comments:

berrypatch said...

WE had snow today. Ugh! LOL Actually, we didn't here, but there was a TON of it at the top of the mountain I have to cross to my Mom's. It was like we entered another world. Then my Mom had a bunch as well - nothing major - but definitely SNOW. My Dad even got my car with a couple of small snowballs as we left - much to the boys delight. :-)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Well it looks like they are having fun even without the snow. I was told today WE could get snow here in TX by WED - but then I was told it will be 80* tomorrow....who knows?

Romany said...

We even had a flurry of snow last night. That's very unsual for us. If we get snow at all, it's usually in February.

Jodi said...

I'm thinking you probably have snow now, we do!

Kristine said...

LOVE the wagon stuff, and the Calvin & Hobbes reference! Trevor is constantly quoting things from the comics, which always sail right over my head. I don't read them, but Robert knows them all too!

Cynthia said...

We had a pretty warm fall as well. We just had snow on Monday. Boy do I need to get around to some blogging!