Monday, November 12, 2007

Cathing Up

I can't believe have lazy I have been with my blogging. I don't even have any decent pictures! Sorry about that!

Brian is away. The kids and I are bumping along with our usual routine. The girls have been working on the play that our homeschool co-op will be preforming Thanksgiving week. It is called "Turkey's On Strike"...hmmm, should be interesting.

We have had some minor sickness, one with a tummy upset, a few with the sniffles, nothing terrible, but annoying for all. Hopefully everyone will be well soon.

We finished up our boxes for Operation Christmas Child. Bess and Gabe have enjoyed putting these boxes together for many years. The Littles are still a bit unsure what the whole idea is about and are not too thrilled that all those fun toys are not for them, but we try and explain it the best we can. Hopefully with time, they will understand the importance of giving and serving others. We put together three boxes this year. I am setting a goal of doing one box a month for next year.

Sunday night our choir at church did a Veteran's Day performance of Stars and Stripes. We did this last year and it was very well received. I wasn't sure how many would come as it was on Veteran's Day this year and I know there are a lot of activities being held in the area, but we had a near full house. I sang a solo, which makes me nervous but I enjoy. One of our choir members, who is expecting, got very hot and light headed. The poor dear did her best to make it to the end, but finally had to get off the stage. We just stopped for a few moments, let her get off (with the help of her mom) and head out for some air. We opened a few windows after that and everyone was more comfortable.

We are having a half and half day today. It is the Veteran's Day holiday, but my kids rarely know the days the PS kids get off unless Bri is home. We have gotten some homeschool stuff done, but not a full day. Right now the kids are outside enjoying some air and getting firewood for the stove. Dan doesn't have speech today, so we will do some reading when they all come in. I am hoping to get some fun Thanksgiving activities in this week.

Gabe has been spending a lot of time playing his Lego Star Wars game. He received the game as a gift quite a while ago (we couldn't remember if it was this past Christmas or the one before), but we couldn't get it to work on any of our older computers. Brian bought me a new (used) laptop this summer and I thought I would try the game on that...it worked! He was so thrilled and has been having a great time. I don't usually let him play so much at one time, but it has been a good activity for him with Bri gone.

I borrowed a collection of Miss Marple DVDs from our library this past week. These were done by A & E and are very good. I am enjoying watching one episode each night. Usually I listen to books on tape and stitch, but this is a nice break.

3 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Miss Marple - that may be fun to get....good idea.

Sorry that Bri is gone and kids have been ill but it sounds like you've still done a LOT this week.

Cynthia said...

The play sounds interesting and FUN!

Jodi said...

Sorry to hear that you all have been sick too. Here's hoping this IS both of us done for the year.

Sounds like your show at church was a big sucess again this year!