I love to garden, especially perennial flower gardening. Some people keep very tidy gardens, deadheading promptly and cutting things back in the fall. I like the "wilder" look and often let my plants go to seed and leave the stalks and seed heads through the winter. I think it gives the garden more interest in the winter.
Doing this means I often get transplants around the garden in places where the original plants aren't. I prefer this cottage type garden over the more formal, but I'm thinking that is because I am a somewhat lazy gardener.
I took these yesterday after it had snowed. I think I'll keep my sloppier garden habits.
I took these yesterday after it had snowed. I think I'll keep my sloppier garden habits.






5 comments:
Lazy or not - I think it's pretty....I really should learn to garden as I love gardens.
Now I feel better that I did absolutely nothing to my garden before we got all this snow this week. It was for photo opportunities! :-)
And I forgot to say - I love the photos!!!!!!
Debbie, to have such a variety in a 'cottage garden' requires a lot of effort, so I don't think that you are lazy!
Beatiful pictures though and how did you line them up like that? I tried to do that with my Christmas Books blog post and they just kept going all higgledy-piggedly!
BEAUTIFUL! Now you should have waited until the 15th and you'd have your Garden Bloggers Bloom Day post already done! Maybe you can just change the date?
Post a Comment