Okay, this is getting silly! Today I went armed with a very detailed list and my chauffeur and retinue. We headed for the mall...I know, I know, what was I thinking. It actually wasn't bad at all. We brought the walkie-talkies. Brian dropped me at the curb of the closest extrance to the store I needed. He drove way out to the nether reaches of the parking lot and waited for my call. I ran in, got what I needed...at a greatly reduced rate, I might add and then "breaker, breaker good buddy"...he was back at the curb and picked me up! Worked like a charm.
The traffic wasn't great, but we went in and out of stores like mad. Our stops included, the US Post Office, Linens & Things, All for a Dollar, Claires, McDonalds (had to feed my troops), Rite Aid, a cute gift place and the grocery store.
The gift place is a wonderful little store that sells all kinds of interesting treasures...including Willow Tree figurines. I was really eyeing the Nativity set. She told me that everything was going on sale on the 26th...including the Willow Tree items. I'm going back bright and early on Tuesday to see if I can get that set. If it is still there, it will be 25% off! She did not have the Wise Men set, she was all sold out, but said she was ordering more. We'll see how it goes.
We got home late afternoon. Bessie helped the Littles wrap the presents they picked out at the dollar store yesterday. They have such a hard time understanding that the gifts aren't for them. Hannah wanted to keep putting "from Hannah, to Hannah on the tags"! They are so funny. It ought to be very interesting on Monday when we start opening the presents.
The traffic wasn't great, but we went in and out of stores like mad. Our stops included, the US Post Office, Linens & Things, All for a Dollar, Claires, McDonalds (had to feed my troops), Rite Aid, a cute gift place and the grocery store.
The gift place is a wonderful little store that sells all kinds of interesting treasures...including Willow Tree figurines. I was really eyeing the Nativity set. She told me that everything was going on sale on the 26th...including the Willow Tree items. I'm going back bright and early on Tuesday to see if I can get that set. If it is still there, it will be 25% off! She did not have the Wise Men set, she was all sold out, but said she was ordering more. We'll see how it goes.
We got home late afternoon. Bessie helped the Littles wrap the presents they picked out at the dollar store yesterday. They have such a hard time understanding that the gifts aren't for them. Hannah wanted to keep putting "from Hannah, to Hannah on the tags"! They are so funny. It ought to be very interesting on Monday when we start opening the presents.
They then played a game of "Pretty, Pretty, Princess", a favorite with the girls. Gabe and Brian changed their part to "Fierce, Fierce, Pirate". They wear all the jewels on one ear or hanging off their head...pretty funny. Poor Dan, he has a terrible time when the bigger kids play games. He wants to join in so badly, but just doesn't cooperate very well. He usually ends up storming off and hanging out with me. Dan hangs out with Momma
Brian made us a wonderful dinner of teriyaki chicken, chicken rice and broccoli...yum! He even did the clean up.
I had the kids decorate white gift bags for their Sunday School teachers. They will hand those out tomorrow. I put together the gift bag for my secret sister and another one for a tea-time friend from church.
The kids decorate gift bags for their SS teachers
After the Littles went to bed, Bri and I started in on the wrapping. We were able to get just about everything wrapped. I am so excited to be going into Christmas Eve with the shopping done, the wrapping done and very little cooking or baking to do.
3 comments:
All Hannah said was "from Hannah to Hannah" to "Dan AND Hannah" and then "Where are all MY presents?"
Sounds like you've done very well and are all organised!
Merry Christmas!!!!!
It's fun to see where people do their email communications from!
Dorothy
Post a Comment