Monday, December 04, 2006

Snowy Monday

Our weather has taken a very drastic turn. It is only in the 20s today and quite windy which is making it seem so much colder. The woodstove is keeping things nice and toasty...at least in that end of the house! Smile

We had a good morning. We got quite a bit of schoolwork done and the kids had a fun time playing out in the snow. It is getting easier to coordinate the kids with their schoolwork. I can usually do at least two of the kids at the same time even if they are doing different things. Dan has gotten better at keeping himself occupied while I'm working with the kids.

Dan loves the toy cars


I've been staying off the computer in the mornings with hopes that Brian will call. He has a window of opportunity twice a day, so I try to keep the line free at those times. We haven't heard from him in three days. That is really not that unusual, but he tries to call everyday or so if he can.

This afternoon Gabe and I made a trip to the post office and a stop at the grocery store.

Bessie made taco salad for dinner. It was a big hit with everyone but Gabe. He is quite picky at times, but doesn't seem to mind eating PB & J.

8 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Great to hear that Dan is learning to occupy himself during a bit of school time.

Wow - you did take a turn for the colder....it was 14* this a.m. when I was going to ride my bike. I don't think so...not even to reach a goal. LOL

When I hear how Bessie is helping out - it makes me miss my baby girls....a few more weeks.

Lisa in Jax said...

Yikes! That's cold! Dan looks so cute with his cars, Isaac will do this also but Evie is a different story.LOL

With the records, yes it will get easier. Just make sure that you keep everything together. I have the older kids keep binder with each subject and as they finish a chapter I take that out, log in hours spent, log any grades in a grader and then file that month or chapter away in a duo-tang labeled if I need to come back to it. Also, try to mainstream your logs so that you can just fill in the correct subject, amount of time spent, grades given, and books used so that you can just reuse it each quarter.

HTH!

Lisa

Jodi said...

Dan is such a cutie.

We got our first snow that stuck Monday too. Here I was hoping Texas would keep the cold weather for us VBG.

yes woodstoves are lovely just limited. You're good if you stand within 6 or 7 feet of them, LOL. Oh well they're better than nothing. My feet are cold and I'm only about 8 feet from mine. But how close do I dare put the computer!

Tiffany said...

I hope you hear from your hubby soon. I know no news is good news, but it's always nice to hear it from them! Blessings,

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Debbie....what the Jill Churchill series you've read in your side bar. Would you recommend it? I'm looking for light, fun and even funny reading material. LOL

Have you read the Evanovich ladies "Plum" series????

Debbie said...

De'Etta, I really enjoy the Jane Jeffries series by Jill Chruchill. They are fun and at times quite funny.

I read the first book in the "Plum" series by Evanovich and wasn't thrilled. They are okay, but certainly not on my "love them" list.

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

I don't know your family's story so I don't know where your dh is but I hope he manages to phone soon.

It must be so wonderful to have an older daughter able to help out. You clearly treasure her and appreciate her assistance,

Dorothy

Cynthia said...

My boys LOVE the toy carpet. We have one just like that. Glad to see that your little one likes to occupy himself with his.

I love the cold winter days when I can stay inside by a fire... sadly, we don't make a fire very often but when we do I LOVE IT!

Hope you've heard from dh by now.