It seemed so strange this year as the weather has been very warm. Usually we are bundled up and trudging through the snow. The Littles still wanted hats and were cold...Gabe didn't even want his coat!
This is the one!
Cutting down the tree
Hauling the tree to the van
Gabe helps Brian secure the tree to the top of the van
After getting the tree home, we cleaned up the living room and made a spot for the tree. Bri secured it in the stand and brought it in. We will let it set for tonight so the branches can relax. Tomorrow after church we'll decorate it.
Brian and I set up some more lights outside and put a couple of wreaths on the fronts windows. The place looks a lot more festive.
3 comments:
I wish it were cooler here than 72 degrees! It hardly feels like Christmas. What great pictures and memories! The kids will always remember their adventures getting the Christmas tree. I can't wait to see the pics of the finished product!
I'm so glad you were able to do this!
We used to do this each year....then we got moved to a spot where trees were either spindly or incredibly expensive...as we move all the time we decided to buy an artificial OR Pine....but I admit I MISS the whole finding the perfect tree etc.
We used to go hiking in the summer/fall and mark a tree up in the wilderness and then come back and cut it in November. LOL
Tiffany....I'm with you (though you don't know me) we are also have 72* weather and while the natives of TX are used to it - it feels very very strange to me.
I'm reading backwards since I'd fallen behind in my blog reading. I love all these pictures. It felt weird to us this year for there not to be snow on the ground when we got our tree...made it muche asier though!
Post a Comment