Friday, December 22, 2006

More Shopping

It seems like everyday now until Christmas, I will run out to pick up a few more things I forgot. I always say I am done with Christmas shopping on Christmas.

Yesterday afternoon, Brian came home a few hours early. Bessie, Gabe and I went out to shop for him. He is tough one to buy for, but we found a few things we knew he would like. When we got home, Brian had cleaned like mad. He is so sweet. He knows I hate going into the holiday with the house in a terrible mess. He pretty much did the whole downstairs. He was just finishing the vacuuming when we walked in.

I had choir lastnight. We went over a few songs we are doing for Sunday morning service and the Candlelight Christmas Eve service.

Today, Brian was home quite early. I guess there were very few people at work and those there we let out early. He made a few stops on his way, but was home by noon.

After lunch we all headed out again. I had a pretty good list of the last minute things that I needed to get. Brian took all the kids to the dollar store to have each of them buy for the other family members. Bessie helped him tag-team the Littles while I finished up with my stuff. He said Rachel sort of got the idea that she was buying for others, but wanted to pick anything shiney and glittery...even for the boys! Hannah and Dan are still totally clueless and got quite upset when they discovered the things they had picked out weren't for them. My mom always gives the kids money for Christmas, so I think I'll take them back to the dollar store after Christmas and let them pick out a few trinkets for themselves.

I did some wrapping after dinner and discovered that yes...I had forgotten a few things. I'll be going out again tomorrow!

I am not doing much baking this year, so that has lightened up the stress considerably. I am hoping to have everything done tomorrow, so we can have a nice quiet day on Sunday. I even mentioned going caching, but it was not well received by anyone except Bess...maybe we'll go out alone!

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

**I did some wrapping after dinner and discovered that yes...I had forgotten a few things. I'll be going out again tomorrow!**

::shudder::: Horrors! Actually Josiah said that last weekend is busier for restaurants than this weekend....everyone goes to avoid the rush and the rush moves up a week...so maybe it won't be to terrible today....LOL

I'm also not doing a lot of the baking I traditionally do - that does save time. LOL

Diann said...

What is it about shopping for our dhs? Mine is really hard to shop for as well. He usually buys what he wants to get (I try and remind around his birthday and Christmas not to buy stuff). Oh well, this year because we are keeping it simple with the new house, it was pretty easy.

Diann