Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter

We do not do many of the "normal" Easter things...no Easter bunny or big baskets loaded with gifts and candy. One of the few things we do it an egg hunt, probably because it is so fun.

After lunch Bessie, Brian and I put candy in colored eggs and then Bess and Bri hid them around the house. We usually do this outside, but it was quite cold and very windy today.

Bessie and Brian hiding the eggs


The Littles didn't really know what to do. Gabe filled them in. It is amazing how quickly they catch on to these types of activities.

Full pails and happy smiles later and everyone had fun with the egg hunt.

We always share all the booty, emptying the eggs into a bowl for all to enjoy. Of course, I'm pretty stingy with handing out the candy, so this will last a long time.

We had a nice ham dinner this evening with scalloped potatoes and veggies. We passed on dessert after our big sweet day yesterday.

Hannah kept asking when the presents were coming. I'm not sure what she was thinking, maybe every holiday involved gifts? We did give each of the kids a new sand pail and shovel and some new shiny pencils.

6 comments:

Romany said...

We do the same thing Debbie. MY (big) kids like to hunt for the eggs and then we share them out. Any unfound must be, by default, Mum's when she finds them later in the week!{g}

Tiffany said...

Debbie,
That Easter family photo is beautiful! How did you ever get everyone to smile?

Debbie said...

LOL, I'll let you in our my secret. If everyone smiles and I approve the picture, we take a second one and everyone makes the goofiest face they can.

It is amazing how cooperative the kids will be if they know they get to make a silly face after!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

LOL Debbie, we always share all candy in a big bowl too. In fact I sent a huge sack with Mike to the office last week...candy from Christmas, Valentines Day etc.

Jodi said...

Very cute. My mother, who hosts Easter, over did the candy this year and I'm not quite sure what to do with it all!

Cynthia said...

We don't do "baskets" either, but we do like to do the egg hunt. Looks like you guys had fun. We were able to do ours outside this year.. it was just barely warm enough to be out without a coat on for a little bit.