Friday, April 06, 2007

New Chicks

Brian brought home eight new chicks yesterday. They are so cute. I just love the little puff balls. These are Black Australorps. Every year we try and add 6-8 new hens to keep our flock young. We keep the old girls, even if they are not laying anymore. We figure they have worked hard for us and they deserve a nice retirement.


6 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

On a scale of 1 - 10 how hard would you rate raising chickens? I've wanted to do this but I don't think our moves would be condusive to the lifestyle...but maybe. LOL

Unknown said...

Aww....they are so cute! We had black australorps a few years ago before we moved. I miss my chickies.

Romany said...

Aaaah...so sweet!

Dorothy

Kristine said...

I love hearing about your chickens! We are nearing the end of That Quail, Robert, and it's been a really great book! (Okay, a house-dwelling quail isn't quite the same as a bunch of chickens, but I'm a city girl!)

Jodi said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww they are SO cute! Mkes me want to do chicks again but we aren't set up well to winter them so end up giving them away after raising. They are so adorable when they're small.

Cynthia said...

They are SO CUTE! When I was a kid we used to have chickens running around all of the time. I don't remember getting the eggs or feeding them or anything other than being chased and pecked by one mean rooster! And, we had pigs... must be another reason why we don't have any animals now.. some of those old sows were DOWN RIGHT MEAN! Anyway.. sorry to digress there...

The little chicks are CUTE!