Thursday, October 25, 2007

Giving Thanks

I read about this particular challenge on De'Etta's blog. I think this is a wonderful idea.

We have tried in recent years to make Thanksgiving more about giving thanks than just a day off to gorge ourselves and watch football between Halloween and Christmas. Some years we have done well, others, not so well. I am hopeful that this challenge will help keep me focused on the thanks part of Thanksgiving.

Here is a brief description of the challenge from twolittlevikings. Won't you join us in making this Thanksgiving more meaningful?

"This challenge is not meant to be difficult or complicated. Simply make a list (written or mental) of thirty people in your life that make your daily walk easier: friends, family, those that have made you smile when your day is somewhat blue.

Then, resolve that every day from today until Turkey Day you will send a note (either snail mail, hand-delivered, or electronically) to one of those folks."

4 comments:

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Debbie - thanks for joining us! I hope you are so blessed it overflows onto all those you planning on acknowledging! Can't wait to hear how it turns out!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Glad you are going to do this....hey I'll count you one day and you can count me. ::Snort::

Emily said...

That is a great idea! I somehow missed that on De'Etta's blog! I love it!

Cynthia said...

I LOVE this idea. I'm so excited to, because without even KNOWING that there was such a challenge I have sent 3 notes out this week! I don't feel so behind now!