Great projects. Our co-op added 5 days of art appreciation to go along with our TOG studies this year. I need to carve out some time to blog about our year so far... good grief if I don't do it SOON.. it'll be OVER!
These are great! How is it working to do Meet the Masters with a group? Is it several families or a smaller group? I have this program and have thought of inviting another family to do it with us.
De'Etta, we have nine families that do the co-op, but there are only 19 kids participating. Quite a few of the families only have one or two children. We split them by age groups for the art and it has worked well. It is a bit of work for the teacher as she has to have it all worked out ahead of time and materials gathered and what not. I help with the 3rd-5th graders and we have seven kids in that group. The kids are enjoying it and I am loving the work they are doing. They made portfolios and keep all their work there and have a presentation night at the end of our semester and invite the dads and anyone else that would like to come and see what the kids have been doing.
For me the co-op has been a bit stressful as Dan can't do the work and Hannah is often sort of "out there" with her attention, but the other moms are great and the kids are having fun getting together with other kids.
6 comments:
Great projects. Our co-op added 5 days of art appreciation to go along with our TOG studies this year. I need to carve out some time to blog about our year so far... good grief if I don't do it SOON.. it'll be OVER!
How cool! I would love to get a co-op going like this here, but it's hard. I love all the kids drawings!!!
These are great! How is it working to do Meet the Masters with a group? Is it several families or a smaller group? I have this program and have thought of inviting another family to do it with us.
De'Etta, we have nine families that do the co-op, but there are only 19 kids participating. Quite a few of the families only have one or two children. We split them by age groups for the art and it has worked well. It is a bit of work for the teacher as she has to have it all worked out ahead of time and materials gathered and what not. I help with the 3rd-5th graders and we have seven kids in that group. The kids are enjoying it and I am loving the work they are doing. They made portfolios and keep all their work there and have a presentation night at the end of our semester and invite the dads and anyone else that would like to come and see what the kids have been doing.
For me the co-op has been a bit stressful as Dan can't do the work and Hannah is often sort of "out there" with her attention, but the other moms are great and the kids are having fun getting together with other kids.
Good job kids! Glad to hear you're having some fun with the co-op even if it is hard sometimes with the younger ones.
They really caught the spirit of Miro, didn't they?
Post a Comment