Saturday, October 27, 2007

Thursday

We had several days this week when we weren't able to get a full day of school in. This happens occasionally. Thursday we were able to stay home all day and we got some good work done. Everyone worked hard and we had a good day.

Bessie does most of her work in her room
I've been finding more things to keep Dan busy while I work with the other kids. Here he is working on a color sorting file folder activity. Check out the tongue. He is really concentrating.

While I work with the girls, Gabe will often take a break and do one of his favorite activities, drawing. He is working on sharks in this pictures.

Rachel has very good handwriting. We discovered early on that it doesn't matter if she understands what she is writing, she can still work on the mechanics of writing. She enjoys writing and does a great job. Here she is working on coloring her border sheet for the week.

I'm not sure why I didn't have any pictures of Hannah, but she was also working on a couple of file folder activities. These are great fun for everyone and it keeps the younger ones occupied. I need to make more that are a bit more challenging.

I love it when we have good full days at home.

5 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Great glimpse into your week. I love Dan's tongue.....and the others are darling as well.

Our older children do their work in their rooms as well.

Cynthia said...

Looks like everyone is happily learning something.

Romany said...

Good pics of the kids learning. I wish I had more of that sort of picture. For some reason, I don't!

Sheri said...

I would love to hear more about the file folder activities you are using with the younger ones. Are you using a book or ideas from the net? Help...I am in need of some activities for my little ones! :)

Jodi said...

That's a nice day.

I must admit that even though we've been busy and sometimes busy is good, I like those long, full, productive but fun days at home best.