This week, we brought home a Dick and Jane book from the library. We have quite a few of these older type readers in the house and Rachel has shown little interest.
One evening, She and Gabe sat in the kitchen and she began sounding our words. I can not begin to tell you how excited we all were. It was a major breakthrough. I think now that she understands what she can do, she'll work even harder.
Gabe helping Rachel
After a few very frustrating weeks, this step forward was a real boost and such a blessing to me.
5 comments:
WooHOO! Congrats to Mom and Rachel. I remember so clearly this moment with Krista - didn't read until 9 or 10. It was just like pulling a shade up - or turning a light on. One day - still strugglign to blend sounds and make a word...the next...."I see - each letter makes a sound and the sounds make words" and BAM by the end of the year she was reading at a 6th grade level and hasn't stopped. LOL
YIPPEE! Way to go! I'm so excited for you all.
Congratulations, Rachel!
This is so exciting! Congratulations Rachel and Debbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great job, Rachel! Gabe, nice work helping out your sister!!
Post a Comment