Monday, December 18, 2006

Decorating the Tree

We had a lot of starts and stops with our Christmas tree this year.

With Brian being away, we were very late getting the tree.

When we finally got it, brought it in the house and set it up, we had several other obligations keeping us from decorating it.

Yesterday afternoon we were finally all ready to start. We took out the lights and they wouldn't work! Okay, we didn't have time to go anywhere on Sunday because of the Cantata at church.

Brian had the morning off today as he is doing several night flights this week. He, Bessie and Gabe went out Christmas shopping this morning and picked up some more lights. We were finally ready to go.

The whole process was quite funny this year. The Littles could hardly contain themselves. We kept some type of order and everyone was able to help. Gabe hung the star his year. It as his first year doing this job and he was so excited!

The bare tree

Brian and Gabe work on the lights

Gabe hangs the star

Everyone pitches in with the ornaments

The whole family with our finished tree


It won't make "house beautiful", but we love
our very family friendly tree

8 comments:

Jodi said...

awwww it's lovely. I love the whole family picture, I'm guessing it will be very fun with all the new littles this year!

Lisa in Jax said...

Just beautiful! Loved the family photo also!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Fantastic job, guys! I can imagine the excitement. I remember the first time I got home from the Philippines and walked into a grocery store....I was stunnded, overwhelmed....cried...there was simply TOO MUCH to comprehend....all those options....LOL Your littles must feel like "children in a candy store" quite often.

I loved the family photo.

Kristine said...

Debbie, the family photo is beautiful beyond words. All I can think of is His awesome plan to bring you together from literally two ends of the earth. What a Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Debbie, Is this your first Christmas together?

All family trees are *beautiful* when they reflect the family!

Well done!
Dorothy

berrypatch said...

Love the family picture. You can see it in the Littles eyes that they know something is definitely UP (and not just the tree!!!). Glad you have the tree up. Enjoy the rest of the holiday season! ~Lisa

Linda said...

The tree is beautiful!

I had the same starts and stops with my tree too. Took me the better part of a week to get it decorated and lighted...and I just found out there's a recall on some of the lights I bought...sigh. They are NOT coming off - I'll return them after Christmas, I guess.

Debbie said...

Dorothy, yes, this is the first Christmas that all of us have been together. The three "Littles" came to our family from the Philippines in Feb. of this year.

They have been so excited by the whole Christmas experience.