It was a very quick affair. The judge walked us through all the things he was signing and had us sign a few papers for each of the kids and then we were done. I wasn't sure if the judge was going to talk to the kids at all or not, but there were no official questions, just small talk. He said this is the best part of his job.
I'm sure a lot of the families that come through his court are going through upheavals and whatnot, adoptions are the bright spots. Even the two security guards said it was nice to have a bit of sunshine in the courtroom. It felt good.
One big happy family, well Dan was looking a bit concerned
After the proceedings, we went out for an early dinner at Old Country Buffet. Mom and Dad treated. This has become our family favorite as the food is quite good and there are so many choices for everyone and the price is very reasonable.
We made a stop at the Parent/Teacher store where we picked up a few gifts for the Littles, Gabe picked out a couple new pieces for his knights collection and I found another Pockets Guide, some dice and another Professor Noggin' game.



13 comments:
Debbie,
What a beautiful family!!! I am so happy for you guys! Now you can move on to "the rest of your lives" together without the paperwork hanging over your heads!
Love and Blessings,
Nikki
How cool! Congratulations. Thanks for sharing.
Oh congratulations, Debbie. What an absolutely lovely day!
Congratulations to you and your family Debbie!
Yay! Congratulations to you all!
Debbie - how wonderful!!!! Love the family pictures. What a special day. Wow! Look at your FULL arms.
Duckabush Blog
Debbie!!! Wonderful, what an amazing journey this has been (and continues to be!)!
Woo-Hoo!!!! Congrats to all the new family members. It must be nice to have everything finalized after two years. Time flies though doesn't it? :-)
Wonderful! I almost feel like they are part of MY family too...since I've been with you from the beginning! I'm thrilled that it's all finally official and finalized!
Wonderful! I love the photos...all smiles...well except for Dan who does look a bit alarmed. ::snort:: What fun it's been to pray through the early days of this adoption and now see the culmination of those prayers. Congrats to all.
I'm so excited for you all! Congratulations and give those kids a big hug for me!
That's so wonderful!!!!! I didn't realise it took so long for the adoption to be final.
Congratulations to all!
Congratulations! I also didn't realize it took so long for the adoptions to be finalized.
Post a Comment