Monday, March 10, 2008

Time for An Ark?

Sometime Friday, it started to rain. And it rained and rained and rained all night, all day Saturday and into Sunday morning. It wasn't that warm, but warm enough so it wasn't snow. I am happy about that.

The kids decided they wanted to brave the elements and I am not one to prevent such exploits. Everyone bundled up in coats, hats and cloves and ventured out. Within a few brief moments, they were totally soaked. They did manage to stay out for about 30 minutes, but the incredibly cold water finally drove them in. They couldn't have been wetter if they had showered in their clothes, but they all seemed to enjoy the fresh air.

I donned my coat and gloves and grabbed an umbrella to take a few pictures.

Can you see how hard the rain is coming down?

Gabe always manages to get the wettest...I wonder how?

Yes, this is our yard under water

I was a bit concerned for one of my flower beds as it was also under water. Thankfully the rain stopped, the temp shifted and became quite a bit cooler and the wind picked up so most of the water evaported very quickly.

I am going to have to work on making better drainage around my gardens before next winter.

7 comments:

Laura said...

That IS a lot of rain! We seem to have had similar winters.... tons of snow and/or tons of rain. Surely spring is coming??? :)

Romany said...

Ooooh, very impressive puddles!{g}

I love your new photo at the top. Is it somewhere you have been, Debbie?

Debbie said...

Dorothy, the photo is one I sniped from online. It is beautiful, isn't it?

I needed a boost right now from the late winter blahs. We don't even have a crocus blooming yet. Hopefully soon.

Lisa in Jax said...

Looks like Florida!lol We love the rain here too.

Jodi said...

Very fun pictures!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Wow! We've finally gotten rain too....all day Mongday night and Tuesday - and strong winds.

The thunder storm was wonderful.

Cynthia said...

EGADS. That's a LOT of water! You can send some rain our way. I'm going to have to get the hoses out and water some of my shrubs pretty soon.