Saturday, March 01, 2008

More Snow

We had two more snowstorms this week.

We by no means have the feet upon feet of snow that some have. My parents who live just 30 miles from us, have snowbanks up to the eaves of their house. It is amazing what a little elevation can do for snowfall amounts.

We do have enough snow so that the kids can have a good time, they can go sledding and everything looks much nicer than the gray yuck without the snow.

What we have had is a lot of mixed storms, snow, sleet, freezing rain and rain. With each storm, we will get several inches of snow and then it turns to freezing rain, melts the lovely snow and turns everything into an icy mess. Oh well, at least what snow we have will melt quicker when spring finally does arrive. I think Mom and Dad will have snow until May.



4 comments:

Michele said...

This is a beautiful picture Debbie! I don't miss the cold or shoveling but I do miss the beauty of fresh snow.

Kristine said...

Ugh, Debbie, you have had more than enough snow I think. But it sure is gorgeous to look at, and you have glimpsed spring too! (Are you as excited as I am with DST beginning this weekend?) :)

Jodi said...

The bottom picture is especially beautiful.

Cynthia said...

Love the scenery in the last pic!