The Littles don't really understand the whole birthday thing except that they get presents and special desserts. The one celebrating the day loves it, the other two do not. Sometimes there is a bit of whining and fussing over the presents that aren't theirs, but we are working toward helping them be gracious and enjoy the day with the one being feted.
The different aspects of the celebration was interspersed throughout the day. Hannah opened her gifts in the morning. The cake was made in the afternoon and we had singing and cake after dinner.
Hannah is always so appreciative of any gifts that she gets. Her enthusiasm is quite humorous at times. We never have to worry about getting something she will like, as she seems to enjoy everything.
The suspense of it all

A small jewelry box was the biggest hit...does she look happy?

Bessie baked the cake and Gabe helped her frost it...hmm likes
a lot of finger licking going on

When it came time to put on the candles, we could only find five. I thought for sure we had some new candles and I was just about to use the #8 candle again and hope Hannah didn't notice. In the very back of the "junk" drawer, Brian found some stray candles. A quick washing and they were good to go. I really need to be more organized about these special occasions. We certainly don't fuss over presentation.
Make a wish and blow out the candles

Hannah was thrilled with her day and didn't seem to mind at all that it was a week late and that the candles didn't match.

7 comments:
Happy Birthday to Hannah - what a sweet face in that picture with the jewelry box. :)
Absolute Bliss!
Your Hannah and mine are both 7...and your Hannah shares my son Scotty's birthdate...love little connections to my friends.
I can't believe she's 7!!! :-) Happy birthday Hannah!!! I LOVE the photo with the jewlery box. Priceless.
She does look VERY happy!
Happy Birthday Hannah! What a sweet photo of her!
Looks like Hannah had a wonderful day. I love the look of excitement on her face!
I love Hannah's expression of pure delight.
Post a Comment