The last couple of days have been sort of a blur...nothing much going on, but our days seem full.
Monday...
We had a quiet day at home on Monday. The Littles were "off". I think everyone is missing daddy. It is harder for them to express what they are feeling, so it usually comes out in poor behavior.
We did manage to get quite a bit of school done, so that was good. I'm still trying to figure out how to implement SWR (Spell to Write and Read). I am just not sure this program is for me...a bit too rigid for my style. I am going to give it a go, but I'm having my doubts. Bessie and Gabe learned to read fine with a much easier, more laid back program, but I was thinking the Littles would need more structure as English is not their first language.
I took some time to just read today to the Littles. They enjoy being read to, as long as the books are short and have lots of pictures. I took turns with each of them having "laptime". Some days there is just never enough momma or momma's lap to go around. (And I have a large lap!)
The kids played outside in the afternoon. We watched a movie after dinner and everyone was in bed early.
Tuesday...
It was a cool rainy day today. Better rain than snow...at least this early in the season. Dan had nursery school. They did fire prevention today. He came home with a fireman's hat and Tot Finder sticker.
My computer starting giving me a hard time. It kept telling me my hard drive was full, but I had no idea why. I downloaded spyware software and it found 300+ spyware/adware/whatever ware! I deleted a bunch of files and did a disk clean. I enjoy fiddling with the computer, but I sure wish I understood more about what I was doing. There is probably so many more files I could delete to free up space.
Brian called and he made it to his destination. He was tired but doing well. He was going to take a run and drop off a Geocaching Travel Bug (TB). They were having a big barbecue in the evening to launch the new season.
Wednesday (today)....
So far, things have gone pretty well. Bessie and Gabe are doing schoolwork and the Littles are playing. I'll need to get Rachel and Hannah out here soon to so some seatwork.
6 comments:
I had the bug too. I am just getting caught up on emails and blogs and such.lol
I love those kinds of days. Snuggly, quiet days. Enjoy!
Lisa
How cool that your DH can drop off the travel bug somewhere completely different.
I don't think I would be able to impliment SWR but it's interesting to hear about people on SHS trying to come to terms with it. I have to admit I'd love to see it at some point just to see what everyone is talking about, LOL. I'm prettry happy with the LLATL for my younger guys though. It's more my speed (not complicated, LOL).
Deb
I've been trying to use SWR with Grace and I don't like it!!! I think it is too complicated...just getting through the parent information was enough for me! I'm back to ABEKA now and still love it.
Jodi Utter
Regarding SWR, it's not so bad after you get into it. MY problem is just getting started. I've managed to get quite aways now and honestly if *I* can do it anyone can (LOL)! I can say it has REALLY helped our spelling around here! For one of our dds in particular it helps to try to make sense of all the exceptions to the rules.
How fun about the TB! I thought it would be fun to find one of those and be able to pass it along.
Did you say your dh is launching a new season? A new season of what?
Cynthia
Cynthia, Brian is a Flight Engineer with the NY Air Guard and their main mission is working for the National Science Foundation.
Each year from mid-October to mid-March, they start a new Antarctica season where they are refueling and resupplying the South Pole Station.
Last week he was on one of the crews bringing the LC-130 planes down to New Zealand, which is the staging area for their trips to Antarctica.
Later, Brian will go back down and spend several weeks in Antartica.
Deb
Dad gets all the good food, hey maybe he could send some barbequed steak up for us! LOL
Post a Comment