We arrived at the fields at 8:45am and left at 3:00pm. The day was cold and windy, but clear and lovely. A great day for the tournament. We had the seven games that I mentioned. The kids did great. We had to wait around a bit at the end of the day to see how the last game turned out in Rachel's division as her team was very close to making the finals.
Mom and Dad came around 10:30 and watched the end of Hannah's game and then Bessie's first game. We got hotdogs at the snack bar and then Mom and Dad took Hannah and Dan home. They were getting very bored.
Mom and Dad came around 10:30 and watched the end of Hannah's game and then Bessie's first game. We got hotdogs at the snack bar and then Mom and Dad took Hannah and Dan home. They were getting very bored.
It was a good day, no one was injured (Well, Bessie had one major hit with the ball, but she is tough and shook it off.) and the kids had a good time. Overall, it was not as unpleasant as I had imagined. (I'm forever making mountians out of mole hills!) We had a few breaks in between games to go sit in the van. We had brought food, drinks, books to look at and Gabe had the portable DVD player. My foot was getting very sore by the end of the day and I am looking forward to getting everyone in bed so I can elevate it and relax.
5 comments:
Wow that 7 weeks sure went quick. :::ducking:::
Glad that the season went well, the kids had fun and that it is over for a bit. LOL
Sounds like a great day! I'm glad that you had a good time.
We are just gearing up for our sports season. The older kids play flag football and it starts in 2 weeks. I'm hoping that they don't have too many away games this time. It was hard getting everyone where they needed to be last season. I can sure feel for your seven games! We've had to do 4 in one day before and that's just too much! I don't know what we'll do when Evie starts. I can't be in 3 places at once.LOL
Lisa
That is one good thing about this Athletic Association, they have a large field complex and all the games are played there. Sometimes I have to walk between all the games, but I am available right there.
I can remember my poor parents going all over the place when my three brothers and I were in highschool together...we had football, baseball, softball, track, wrestling, hockey and lots of muscial events that I was in. We sure kept them running.
Now they travel all over to see the grandchildren's events/games.
Deb
Yippee, sounds like the kids did great and now you get a break.
I was wondering how your foot was I cleaned off my stairs today partly because I was thinking of your fall and how I tend to be accident prone.
I hope it's all better soon.
I wish we had an association like that! It'd make my life a lot easier.lol I'm really hoping that Genevieve and Isaac will like sports that don't travel.lol Whatever those would be...
Lisa
Post a Comment