Monday, October 30, 2006

Dan was up at 5am this morning. Way too early even considering his little body is still on Day Light Savings Time! The Littles are not quiet if they are awake. There is lots of sighing, yawning, rolling over and general noise if they are awake. I finally brought him into our room and plopped him on the floor next to the bed. At least there, I could keep him quiet enough so he didn't wake up the other kids.

We had a really good school time today. The Little's are still a little unsure how school and home flow, but we are getting there and most of our days are more productive than not. Bessie and I went over her schedule and tweaked it a bit to make sure she is getting enough hours in. This is the first year we have counted hours and I'm a bit nervous about having enough. She reads and reads and reads, but is a very quick reader, so I'm not sure how it is all adding up.

Bessie and Gabe had dental cleanings today so we trucked off to the dentist after lunch. Mom and Dad met us there to watch the Littles while I went in with Gabe. Rachel came in and watched Gabe get his cleaning and have a sealant put on. We are still trying to get the Littles added to our dental insurance, so they have never been. She seemed to think it was pretty cool and she wanted to go.

We went up to Mom and Dad's for a short visit. The kids played outside. It was cold and still a bit breezy, but sunny and nice. We got home in time for dinner, which was just sandwiches as Bri was working late and wouldn't be home to eat.

3 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

** The Little's are still a little unsure how school and home flow, but we are getting there and most of our days are more productive than not.**

GREAT news! This made me smile. It's only the end of October and you're finding your "groove". LOL

Jodi said...

argh, that IS early! Mine we're up too early today, both the time change and the excitement over Halloween are to blame here I think.

Sounds like you're doing so well with homeschooling. Even vetrans without new children added to the mix are often not quite in their groove in October, LOL.

Jodi

Lisa in Jax said...

Sounds like your week is shaping up nicely! It's so nice when things finally start coming together. Enjoy your week!

Lisa