Friday, October 27, 2006

We continued to work on our Civil War era study today. Gabe and I read a book on the underground railroad. I am hoping to find a sight in the area someplace that had a "railroad" stop in it. I think this would help make the whole idea come alive.

It was such a nice day that the kids spend most of the afternoon outside. The leaves have all fallen and are quite crispy now, but the youngers had fun playing in them.
Enjoying the leaves
Raking up the leaves was on this weekends agenda, but I think we are in for some severe weather...rain, high winds and snow before it winds down on Monday.

Bessie and Gabe have been feeding the neighbors cats for the last 10 days. Today was the last day. We all walked over this morning. I helped Bess clean the litter box and vacuum up the litter the cats spread around. Nothing worse than coming home to a mess.

Bri got home a little early today. We quickly mixed up De'Etta's chicken divan and then he and I went for a walk. What a treat! It is so nice now that Bessie can stay with the youngers for short periods of time. It was such a nice day out...clear, but cool, great walking weather.

I took a nice hot tub this evening. One of my favorite indulgences.

Bri, Bess, Gabe and I watched Princess Bride after the Littles were in bed. The movie was an early birthday present for Bess.

The plans for tomorrow have been totally changed. We are heading over to mom and dad's for an impromtu gathering for Bessie. I'll need to whip up some food in the morning and make pies.

Theresa and the kids are coming down (Glenn has to work) and hopefully Dave and his family will come up for a little while.

Bessie loves seeing the cousins, so this will be a great way for her to spend her birthday. I can't believe she is going to be 14!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish we could be there too to wish Bessie a Happy Birthday. Happy Birthday bessie from your Ohio cousins. Sal

berrypatch said...

Hey, I recognize the jacket Dan is wearing!!! :-) It looks like everyone is having a great time.

Lisa

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

They grow so fast! Bessie seems like a very responsible young lady.