Sunday, October 22, 2006

I can't believe it is Sunday already. I have been lax in my blogging duties. I'll give a quick recap of what has been going on.

Thursday...
We were all so excited today, Brian is coming home tonight. Dan had nursery school and we did school at home. I spent the afternoon cleaning up some. I had choir in the evening. Gabe came with me and Bessie watched the Littles at home. We are finishing up reheasals for our Stars and Stripes musical we are doing in Novemeber and started working on our Christmas Cantata.

I put everyone to bed (Bessie stayed up) because Brian's flight wasn't scheduled until after 11pm. I woke everyone up around 10 and we headed to the airport. It is always so exciting for the kids to go to the airport in their jammies. Brian was already waiting at the baggage area when we got there. They had a real strong tail wind and made excellent time. It is so good to have him home. He was only been gone a week, but we all miss him when he is away.

It was around 1am before we got home, tucked everyone back in and finally called it a day.

Friday....
Pretty quiet day. Bri slept in a bit. It will take him a few days to get over all the time changes he has been threw over the last week. He started the woodstove...the first time of the season. I love the woodstove, even though it can be messy. It is always so nice to have that one really warm spot to retreat too.

Bessie and I headed to the beauty salon and WalMart. Bess got a very cute cut. It is just above her shoulders and slightly layered so it flips out nicely. It looks very nice. She wants me to highlight again. We ran in and picked up a few things in Wallie-world.

I had the Secret Prayer Sister reveal dinner tonight. I was undecided until almost the last minute whether I would go or not. Brian encouraged me to attend and I'm glad he did. It was a very fun evening. We had a great meal, a wonderful devotional time, played some fun games, revealed to our sisters and picked new secret sisters. It was a terrific time of fellowship and fun.

Saturday...
Today we ran some errands. We made a trip to the library and then up to the base to pick up Bri's car. It wouldn't start. The battery cable was bad. He fussed around with it and got it going then we went in seperate directions. The kids and I stopped at Michael's and Bri stopped at the grocery store.

We had a quiet afternoon and evening. Everyone is still tired from being up late on Thursday.

After dinner, everyone had showers and then to bed.

Sunday...
We went to Sunday school and church this morning. Bessie went home with people from church to babysit for them this afternoon. We had a nice lunch. Brian loves to put something in the crock pot on Saturday night so that it is ready for lunch after church.

Bri is getting wood and doing some outside chores as it is suppose to ran later.

That pretty much sums it up for now. Nothing majorly exciting, except for Bri coming home.

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I think having Bri come home excuses you from shirking your blogging duties. I was hoping things were o.k. and you hadnt' fallen again. LOL