Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Dan got up at 5am this morning and did not go back to bed. I finally went in and brought him into our room. He was not happy, but I didn't want him waking up Hannah. I laid him on the floor next to the bed. I could here him fiddling around, but at least he was relatively quiet. He had nursery school today.

We got quite a bit done while he was at NS. The girls are still struggling with number recognition, but we are plugging along and hopefully soon, it will start to click. Gabe is doing much better with his math now that we are doing a combo of worksheet, oral and other. The other being a lot of living math type stuff. His reading is coming along so well. We sure could use more work on his handwriting, but that is still a sticking area. He just doesn't like to put in the work.

I called the doctor again as Bessie's foot was blacker and still very sore. I don't think it is broken, but I don't want her playing soccer if it is. We had an afternoon appointment.

After picking up Dan, we hit both libraries and the PO. A PBS book came. I've been getting some great books for our TOG studies. I had called Brian to see if he could come home to stay with the youngers while I brought Bessie to her appt. He was home waiting for us when we got back from our errands.

The doctor agreed that he didn't think it was broken and as long as we were okay with no x-rays, he took a wait and see approach. He said if is wasn't feeling better by Thurs or Fri to come back for x-rays.

Brian, Gabe and I did three of his Zoology experiments. Gabe just loves science. I've been struggling a bit lately with the fact that he doesn't like sports much. I don't think it is the sports as much as the attention. He is so shy. I'm trying to embrace the things that he does love and go with that. I also love science, so this is a great common ground for us.

How wing size/shape effects flight

How air movement effects air pressure

Brian brought Rachel and Bessie to soccer. Bessie didn't play, but wanted to go cheer her team on. It rained the whole time.

Bessie and I watched some TV after everyone else was in bed. She is growing up so fast. She is such a wonderful person and I so enjoy her company.

3 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I REMEMBER those experiments. LOL

Lisa in Jax said...

I really like your blog! Your kids look like a fun bunch! I would love to try Geocaching but I think I'll wait until this one's born.lol

Blessings,

Lisa

praisemusicmom said...

Deb, we have one kid here who loves sports and another who would rather study any and all things science-related. I love that you're finding things that interest Gabe. He's into legos, too, isn't he? He and my middle son sound an awful lot alike!